What is the best way to start your day as a couple?
Everyone has their own way of answering this question. While there is more than one way of starting the day, people often overlook the steps and get themselves in trouble.
The way you start your day can make or break your relationship. You can either choose to start your day together and spend some time cuddling before you wake up. Or you can wake up separately and act like strangers all day long.
In this article, I’ll talk about 11 couple morning routine ideas that will help you bond strongly and keep your relationship healthy.
The couple morning routine ideas listed below are easy to follow and are super effective. In strengthening the relationship between couples.
1. Waking Up Early is a Healthy Couple Morning Routine Idea
Waking up early is one of the couple’s morning routine ideas that help to promote greater health and wellbeing. There are many perks of waking up early in the morning.
Waking up together lets you enjoy some good time together before you leave for work and get busy all day long.
It is more like living 25-hours a day, which is always great. You can use the extra hour a day to make love and show affection towards each other. It addresses the biggest problem in any relationship i.e. lack of time.
Lack of time is one of the most common reasons why most relationships fail to exist in the first place. Couples often complain about not being able to spend some quality time together. It results in arguments and conflicts weakening the already failing relationship.
Waking up early addresses the problem of not being able to communicate and spend some quality time together. You also get the privilege of utilizing your time in hand the way you see fit.
Use it to organize your thoughts and plan your day ahead. Or use it to bring out the creative child inside you and do things which you only dream of doing but never get to do.
Other health benefits of waking up early include:
- You get to enjoy the beautiful sunrise.
- Your feel less stress thus improving your mental health.
- Your skin looks beautiful and healthy after getting proper rest.
- You unlock the productive side of yours helping you to excel in your career.
- You have enough time to organize your thoughts and tasks in hand.
- Your body is filled with positive energy thus promoting positivity.
- You fall asleep early which helps to improve your sleep quality.
2. Cuddle Before You Leave Your Bed
Cuddling before you leave your bed is a healthy couple morning routine idea. Couples who tend to cuddle more and frequently tend to be healthier, happier, less stressed.
Cuddling helps to release the feel-good hormone also known as the love hormone ‘oxytocin’ in the blood. It is also true when you hug and kiss your partner more often.
Cuddling with your partner helps to deepen your relationship with your partner. The dopamine hormone released while cuddling helps to keep alive the intimacy in your relationship.
Intimacy is an important aspect of your relationship and keeping it alive even after you’ve been together for years is a real challenge.
Unfortunately, most of the couples fail to do so and end up in cursed situations. They may seek comfort from strangers and people around them. Leading to cheating and infidelity in the relationship.
Cuddling before you leave your bed will help to break the ice between you and your partner. Whenever you are having a catfight or some kind of disagreement.
What’s more, is that cuddling can turn you on. It is a great way of initiating sex with your partner first thing in the morning.
Some of the health benefits of cuddling include:
- Cuddling helps to lower your blood pressure and stress levels. Thus helping you to enhance your heart health. It is especially true for women and works for men as well.
- Cuddling is good for your heart health as well. It helps to lower your chances of suffering from different heart diseases. Such as a heart attack and stroke.
- A good cuddle helps to relieve injury pain. By releasing oxytocin hormone that helps to block the pain signals.
- Cuddling also works as an antibiotic helping you to fight cold and flu.
- Cuddling with your partner helps to you sleep better. A 10 minute of cuddling before you go to sleep works wonders when it come to quality sleep.
3. Morning Sex is a Healthy Couple Morning Routine Idea
Having sex first thing in the morning is considered a healthy couple morning routine idea.
There are many proven health benefits of having sex in the morning. Morning sex is more intimate and can work as a stress buster. It is a form of workout and the best one too.
Morning sex is more fun and fulfilling. Your body gets all the rest it needs overnight and you are basically at your prime in the morning. Plus, you are already lying down in your bed with minimum obstacles which make things easy.
The lighting is great and the surrounding sounds peaceful. The morning breeze feels shy and when it rubs against your bare skin, positive energy fills your entire body. Utilize it as you see fit.
Some of the proven health benefits of morning sex include:
- It works as a stress reliever by lowering the production of the stress hormones.
- Morning sex helps to lighten your mood and make you look good too.
- It is beneficial for the brain and improve brain health and cognition.
- It helps to boost your immunity power. By activating the natural defenses against bacteria, germs, and viruses.
- Morning sex can strengthen your relationship.
- It can make your skin glow and make you look younger.
As I have mentioned above, cuddling with your partner can trigger the production of the lovey-dovey hormone ‘dopamine’. It helps to break the ice between you and your partner. When the ice is broken you’re strongly attracted to your partner and having sex is only logical and comes to you naturally.
4. Make Your Bed Together
Making your bed together is a healthy couple morning routine idea.
Making your bed together is only logical when both had a fun time together messing it. Plus working together is fun, easy, and quick. It helps to improve coordination between the two of you.
Making your bed is not much of a task but accomplishing it can set the right tone for the day. It mentally prepares you for all the upcoming tasks at hand and fills you with positivity. The positive energy gives birth to a chain of successful events throughout the day.
Starting your morning by making your bed helps to lower your stress. By making your bed, you’re actually decluttering your living space. Decluttered space provides you with a sense of relief and thus lowers your stress.
Making your bed every day soon develops as a good habit and will eventually give birth to other good habits. Healthy habits such as organizing things soon follow. You’ll start to be more organized without even realizing it.
Some other benefits of making your bed includes:
- Helps to sleep better at night.
- Encourages you to be more organized and tidy up your living space a little more.
- It leads to productivity throughout the day.
- Helps to improve your mood.
- Your room looks and feels better.
5. Go for Walks is a Healthy Couple Morning Routine
Going for morning walks together is a healthy morning routine for couples.
There are many proven health benefits of starting your day with morning walks.
Some of the health benefits of morning walks include:
- Morning walks helps to slow down the aging process thus making you look younger.
- Lower risk of suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Helps to lose weight by burning excess fat.
- Lowers your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- May help to fight against depression.
- Improves brain functionality.
- Makes your body physically fit and healthy.
- Helps to boost your energy. Thus, you’ll have more energy at your disposal throughout the day.
- Morning walks improves your mood.
- Helps to strengthen you leg muscles.
- It helps to cure sleep disorder and promotes good night sleep.
- Going for morning walks will help you make healthier choices throughout the day.
While walking has its fair share of health benefits. Going for walks together has some additional benefits such as:
- It helps to connect better with your partner and improve your love life.
- You’ll have extra time to talk with your partner while achieving your fitness goals.
- It helps to make a everlasting memories with you partner.
- Walking for about half an hour everyday helps to complete your physical activity for the day.
6. Take a Cold Shower Together
Taking a cold shower together is a healthy couple morning routine idea.
When you work out, all the harmful chemicals are released from your body in the form of sweat. These harmful chemicals even contain germs and bacteria. It is thus important that you get rid of your sweat. And what good way there is to get rid of sweat and smell than by taking a soothing cold shower.
Taking a 3-5 minute cold shower helps to relieve all the pain from your workout session. It helps to get rid of the sweat and smell at the same time. Plus when you take a shower together, you save water and time. Which is incredible considering the water crisis prevailing at present.
The morning shower works particularly well when compared to the evening shower. It helps you to focus your mental energy before the day starts. As a result, your productivity level gets a much-needed boost throughout the day.
Some of the health benefits of cold shower include:
- Taking a cold shower everyday for upto 3-5 minutes is proven to treat depression.
- It helps to improve the blood circulation and has a healing effect for physical injuries.
- It helps to improve metabolism and might promote weight loss in people.
- Taking cold shower is proven to fight against common illnesses like common cold and flu.
7. Meditation is a Healthy Couple Morning Routine Idea
Meditation works wonders for singles and couples alike. Starting your day with meditation provides you with different opportunities. Opportunities such as to be fully aware, fully awake, and fully alive. Also, you’ll have peace of mind which will prove helpful in decision making.
The busy lifestyle of people builds up a lot of work pressure and stress. That pressure and stress get transferred to the better half of yours when you get home. It results in frequent conflicts and misunderstandings between the two.
Practicing morning meditation helps take care of all your work and relationship stress. You’ll also be able to find a balance between your love life and work life. As a result, you become kinder and less judgemental towards your partner.
Also, you’ll be able to connect better on the bed which is another benefit of morning meditation. Since morning meditation increases the production of the testosterone hormone in men and they last longer in bed as well.
Your complicated relationship status will be taken care of in no time. You’ll be able to enjoy your lives to its fullest together.
Some benefits of morning meditation include:
- It provides you with peace of mind.
- You become more adaptive meaning you’ll not stress out when the situations take a turn for worse.
- Morning meditation is helpful in increasing your concentration power.
- You’ll be able to see the bigger picture of life.
- You feel more relaxed then ever.
- It helps you to take care of your stress and anxiety. You’ll be able to live a stress free life.
- It may help to lower your pain from chronic diseases.
- You can sharpen your intuitive skills. Thus you can decide for yourself what’s good and what’s bad.
- You’ll be more aware of everything that is going on in the surroundings. Also your brain will only perceive what’s important to you.
8. Prepare Your Breakfast Together
Preparing your breakfast together is a healthy couple morning routine idea.
Waking up early in the morning can leave you with more than enough time to spare before you leave for work. You can utilize this time to prepare some delicious and healthy breakfast together.
Preparing breakfast isn’t a women’s job only and should be done by both the sexes. Helping your partner in the kitchen is a great way of showing love and affection towards your partner.
Even if you are of no help in the kitchen, stay for as long as the breakfast is ready and served. That way she/he will appreciate your company and feel happy. You could actually make your partner smile by not doing anything at all.
You can also utilize your time in the kitchen to flirt and connect with your partner. Hug her from behind when she is unguarded and busy cooking. Kiss the back of her neck and ears. The same goes for your men as well.
This small foreplays can prove more effective than you actually give them credit for. They help to establish a healthy and stronger bond with your partner.
9. Undivided Attention To Your Partner
I can understand your urge and need of clinging to your phone first thing in the morning. You might need to check for media notifications and important emails. But you can do it later as well. Believe me, it is for the best.
While multitasking is great and all, you should know when and where to showcase your skills. Your dining table is certainly not the right place for multitasking and should be of the limit. It is a mood killer and will affect your relationship adversely.
So, do not mistake your dining table with your work table and do the things you do at your work desk. Else, there might be some serious consequences which I strongly suggest that you avoid.
It is best that you keep aside your gadgets and forget that the internet ever existed for a while. Utilize your time for important discussions and communication. Another important thing to do would be to praise the efforts of your partner and compliment their cooking skills.
Everyone craves compliments from other people and especially from their better halves. So, it would be nice to put on some pleasing words while describing their cooking skills and beauty.
Try saying how you love the food he/she makes and the effort he/she puts while making them. That way they’ll feel motivated in cooking new and better dishes.
10. Hugs and Kisses For Your Partner
Hugging and kissing your partner daily before you leave for work is a healthy couple routine idea.
People often neglect the small happiness that comes in the form of a kiss or a hug or a smile. It is one reason why their relationship fails the test of time. Since when it comes to a relationship even the smallest of love gestures counts.
While it is true that greater happiness comes in bigger packages, it is also true that they are rare in life. So it is important that we start cherishing every small bit of happiness that we can find.
Simple gestures such as a goodbye kiss or a hug or a smile can have a larger impact when it comes to happiness in life. Also, they are easy to find and more frequent which them more effective.
So, before you leave for your office, give your better half a tight hug and a goodbye kiss. Also, greet them ‘good day’ and leave with a smile on your face. That way they’ll know that you’re going to miss them and they’ll be eagerly waiting for your return.
The magic works both ways so be informed that you’ll be missed as well.
When you return home from your office, repeat the same routine. Only this time you ask a question, how was your day? It is the best way to show your concern for your partner’s well-being and your partner will feel grateful for having you in their life.
11. Say ‘I Love You’ to Your Partner Everyday
Expressing your love to your partner daily is a healthy couple morning routine idea. It helps to strengthen the couple bond.
Saying ‘I love you’ before proposing to your partner or after making love is not enough. You should say it every day and multiple times a day even when you are just sitting down on the couch watching TV.
Those magical words are the only thing that assures your partner that you’re still in love with them. No other words or gestures can assure your partner of your love better than saying ‘I love you’.
Since love is a delicate thing and can wither in no time if stop expressing it to your partner. It is best that you keep expressing it every day whenever you can by saying ‘I love you’.
It would be best that you develop saying ‘I love you’ as a habit. So that it’ll come to your lips naturally whenever your partner is around.