Today, where everyone considers themselves an expert in health and wellness. Having different opinions of a single matter at hand is only common.
If you were to post a question – how to lose weight fast? Chances are, you’ll receive hundreds of comments suggesting what you should do in order to lose weight. Or what they think will work best for you even when they themselves have never tried it before.
If you are lucky enough, you might as well witness a comment war going on between so-called health and wellness experts. As silly as it might sound, it is a fact that everyone considers themselves an expert in health and wellness. And am not judging them or anything.
It is a good thing that everyone knows so much about health and wellness today thanks to Google. But the actual problem lies when you find a contradicting solution to a single problem. It is thus quite easy to get confused and feel misled.
In this article, I have listed some of the most googled questions related to eating habits as of 2020. These are probably the most confusing queries when it comes to health and food. So, make sure to read this article until the end.
Note: The answers to the questions listed below might be in contradiction to what you find on other similar articles. So readers’ discretion is advised.
1. How to Eat Chia Seeds?
If you are looking for the best way to eat chia seeds then look no further. Depending upon what you want to achieve by eating chia seeds, there is more than one right way of eating chia seeds.
If you are planning to lose weight overnight then drinking chia water will work wonders for you. If you are looking to add chia seeds to make your meals healthy then you can bake them in cakes and breads.
Similarly, if you are looking to add more flavors to your dishes, try adding them to your salad, soup, or gravy. You might a well choose to eat it raw or prepare a delicious pudding out of it.
Some of the popular and healthy ways to use chia seeds include:
- Chia water
- Chia Pudding
- Raw chia toppings
- Chia in a smoothie
- Chia cereals
- Add chia seeds to your salad
- Bake in bread
- Bake in cakes
- Chia mix
- Chia seeds with jam
- Make a crust for meat and fish
- Chia Juice
- In soup and gravy
- Chia cookies
- Chia seeds with yogurt
- In homemade lemonade
How to use chia seeds for weight loss?
Losing weight can be a real pain unless you discover the right way to do so. Since you’re reading this, I assume that you are still on your trial phase. You are still looking for a way that works best for you.
If that’s the case then using chia seeds to lose weight might as be a good idea. Adding chia seeds to your diet might as well work wonders for you. Let me explain it to you.
Chia seeds are loaded with essential nutrients like omega-3s, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Furthermore, chia seeds contain 17 grams of protein and 34 grams of dietary fiber per 100 grams. This makes chia seeds a perfect weight loss diet.
Here are 10 ways of using chia seeds for weight loss:
- Add chia seeds into your detox water.
- Toss them into a smoothie.
- Add to sliced fruits with nut butter.
- Top of a fruit salad with chia seeds.
- Add them to avocado sandwiches.
- Make them into a delicious pudding.
- Add chia seeds to greek yogurt.
- Prepare homemade energy bites out of chia seeds.
- Mix chia seeds into oatmeal.
- Make chia seed peanut butter.
But don’t get your hopes up just yet. It’s not as easy as it sounds to lose weight by changing your diet alone. You might as well be prepared to go the extra mile and work out every day for greater results.
2. Can I Exercise After Eating Breakfast?
It is one of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to workout. People often have concerns about whether it is bad to exercise immediately after eating a tummy full.
While taking a break after eating sounds logical, most of us feel like hitting the gym after eating a full course meal so that we would have more energy at our disposal. So what should you do?
If you were to take advice from the nutritionist, most of them suggest that eating low-fiber, low-fat, and high-carbohydrate snacks 30 minutes prior to exercising works best for you. You can eat food such as yogurt, fruit, granola, peanut butter, or whole-wheat toast for better results.
Many individual studies suggest that exercising immediately after a large meal might not be a good idea at all. Exercising after eating a large portion may cause gastrointestinal problems like bloating and cramping. It can also lead to reflux, hiccups, nausea, and vomiting in some people.
The bottom line is to do what works best for you. If you are comfortable exercising on an empty stomach then you should continue doing so. But if you lack the energy to sweat more and prefer eating before exercising then you can do that as well.
Is it bad to sleep after eating?
While it might feel right to lay down on a comfy couch or bed just after you eat your tummy full, it is not the best thing to do. Let me explain to you why it is not healthy to lay down immediately after you eat.
The first and foremost thing to consider is how your digestive system works. Your body is comfortable digesting food in an upright position and not horizontal sleeping position. Which is why it is best that you take a walk or sit in an upright position of at least 2-4 hours before you hit the bed.
Secondly, sleeping right after a heavy meal means that your body does not get the chance to burn off those extra calories. It may lead to unhealthy weight gain in the form of fat. Also, your chance of suffering from stroke increases significantly.
Thirdly, sleeping after eating is going to trouble your digestive system. Your body might not be able to digest all the food you eat which may lead to different digestive diseases.
Therefore, it is best that you time your dinner 2-3 hours earlier before going to bed. That way your body will get all the time needed to digest the food.
3. Is it Good to Drink Water at Night?
Our body loses water mostly in the form of urine and sweat. Drinking water throughout the day helps to keep our body hydrated. But what about drinking water at night before you go to bed?
If you have concerns about whether your habit of drinking water at night is good or bad then worry no more. Drinking water at night is not just good but has many wonderful benefits.
Some of the health benefits of drinking water at night include:
- Drinking water helps to keep your body temperature normal while you are sleeping.
- You’ll have glowing skin when you wake up.
- It helps to boost your immune system.
- Drinking warm water before bed helps to cleanse detox the body and improves digestion.
- It may promote weight loss.
The only drawback of drinking water at night is that your time of urination increases. It may lead to loss of sleep which in turn might cause you to stress. So, it would be best that you drink water an hour or two earlier before going to bed.
4. Is it Good to Exercise After Dinner?
When it comes to the best time to exercise, most people would agree that the best time to exercise is first thing in the morning or during the day. But that does not make exercising after dinner or at night a bad idea.
If you were to believe the experts, the best time to work out is the time that works best for you. So if you prefer working out after having dinner, it is perfectly okay to exercise after eating.
Furthermore, there are many benefits of exercising at night when compared to exercising in the morning or during the day.
Some of the benefits of evening workout include:
- You will spend less time staying awake when you go to sleep.
- It helps to de-stress your mind and relax your muscles.
- The gym will be less crowded thus you’ll have access to more machines.
- You can take your time sweating without having to worry about your appointments or anything.
So feel free to workout after your dinner. Just make sure you do not go overboard with all the energy at your disposal.
Can I drink water after workout?
When you workout, your body loses a lot of fluids in the form of sweat and leads to dehydration. It is only logical to drink water in order to replenish the lost fluids in the body after having a vigorous workout session.
Also, there is no scientific explanation behind the belief that you should not drink water immediately after strenuous exercise.
However, drinking ice-cold water immediately after your workout might not be a good idea.
Drinking cold water straight from the refrigerator may cause a shock effect for the digestive system and other internal organs. It is simply because cold water is difficult to absorb which in turn gives your digestive system a hard time digesting it.
So feel free to quench your thirst by gulping some carbonated drinks for better results. If not then the regular water works just fine to keep you hydrated.
5. Is it Okay to Eat Banana at Night?
There are many myths and misconceptions when it comes to eating bananas at night. So, it is common for people to avoid eating a banana at night. But in reality, eating bananas at night is a good thing. Unless you are someone who is suffering from a cough and cold has asthma or sinus issue.
While it is best to avoid sweet foods at night, banana is an exception. Eating sweet fruits at night can escalate your energy level making it difficult for you to sleep.
But when it comes to bananas, they pack a healthy amount of magnesium and potassium in them. Potassium helps to relax the muscle and magnesium is known to aid in sound sleep.
Eating banana after your evening work out session is considered a good practice. Eating one or two bananas before going to sleep helps your body get ready to fall asleep. Also, banana is low in calories making them a perfect food if you are considering losing weight.
Some other health benefits of eating banana at night include;
- Eating one banana at night helps reduce heartburn and even stomach ulcers.
- Banana is rich in potassium and helps relax the muscle after a tiring day.
- Banana is low in calories and may help you to lose weight.
- It helps to fulfill your late-night cravings for sweets.
- They are rich in vitamins and fibers as well.
6. Is it Safe to Drink Rain Water?
If you are wondering whether it is okay to drink rainwater then the answer to this question is an absolute yes. It is completely safe to drink rainwater. In fact, rainwater is the purest form of water there is to drink.
Do keep in mind though that you collect rainwater directly and not from the roof of a building or from the puddles in the ground. You should also be wary of the surrounding before deciding to collect rainwater.
If you live near a factory or a power plant, it is best that you avoid such rainwater. Since they might contain harmful chemicals in them and other forms of impurities as well.
Also, filter the rainwater you collect before drinking or using it to cook food with it. That way the impurities such as bacterias, insects, and dust particles mixed with the rainwater will be removed. There are many benefits to drinking rainwater too.
Some of the health benefits of drinking rainwater include:
- Rainwater is low in mineral content making it healthier and tastier to drink.
- Rainwater contains alkaline pH, which has detoxifying effects and also promotes healthy digestion.
- It is good for your hair and skin.
7. Is it Unhealthy to Eat Late?
If you are someone who happens to live a busy life and are unable to eat your meals on time, chances of you falling sick are significantly high. But first, let us understand what it actually meant to eat late.
For starters, eating late refers to eating your dinner within three hours before going to bed. So, if you happen to sleep at 10 PM then eating your dinner after 7 PM is considered eating late.
Eating late can do more harm than good to your body. It may lead to major digestive diseases and dealt a serious blow to your health.
Below are some of the effects of eating late at night:
- Eating late may lead to disruption of the sleep cycle. It is found that people who eat late tend to sleep late which results in a disruption in their sleep cycle.
- You might end up getting severe stomach ache due to poor digestion. It is mainly due to your body not getting enough time to digest before you go to bed.
- You might end up gaining unhealthy weight.
- Foul mood and mood swings are common in people due to sleep deprivation.
- Eating and sleeping late at night could also lead to hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
So it is best that you time you dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed. Try avoiding eating late as much as possible in order to live a long and healthy life.
8. Can I Eat a Banana in an Empty Stomach?
There’s no doubt that banana is one of the healthiest food available to us. The essential nutrients found in a banana are known to promote a healthy heart. Furthermore, eating a banana can help to maintain your blood pressure, promote digestion, and reduce the risk of heartburn and ulcers.
Still eating a banana on an empty stomach is not the right thing to do. It is simply because bananas contain a higher amount of magnesium and potassium. Eating bananas in the morning can imbalance magnesium and potassium levels in your blood.
Also, bananas are 25 percent sugar and largely acidic which makes them unhealthy to eat on an empty stomach. You can however, eat bananas as a part of your breakfast along with other fatty foods in order to balance the sudden surge in insulin level in the blood.
Some of the healthy foods that go well with banana are coconut butter, almonds, different types of seeds, etc. This way, you’ll be able to neutralize the acid and get the full benefits of potassium, fiber, and magnesium found in bananas.
9. Can I Add Lemon to Green Tea?
If you prefer drinking your green tea with a touch of lemon in it then we have some really good news for you.
In the study published in the November issue of Molecular Nutrition and Food Research found that adding citrus juices to your cup of green tea makes it more effective.
Green tea is high in catechins, antioxidants that help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It is one reason why green tea rose into prominence in recent times.
But new study suggests that our body is unable to absorb all the substances available in the green tea when consumed solely. In fact, only 20 percent of catechins, which include EGC, EGCG, EC and ECG, remain after digestion.
Researchers have now discovered that mixing green tea with substances such as citrus juice, soya milk, and rick milk, significantly increases the number of antioxidants that can be absorbed by the body.
So the best way to drink your cup of green tea would be to add lemon in it. Adding 30 milligrams of vitamin C to the green tea, increased recovery of the antioxidant ECG, EGCG, EC, and ECG to 74 percent, 54 percent, 82 percent, and 45 percent respectively.
10. Can I Drink Lemon Water at Night?
Drinking lemon water at night is not only good but healthy as well. Lemon contains vitamin C which protects against immune system deficiencies and gives your immune system a boost. It also protects against cardiovascular disease, eye diseases, and prenatal health problems.
In case you are suffering from cold and flu, drinking warm or hot lemon water can help you beat the cold. It is also helpful if you are planning on losing weight. Drinking warm water with lemon before bed promotes digestion. It may also help to relieve stomach pain.
Furthermore, drinking lemon water helps to keep you hydrated throughout the night and promotes healthy and smooth skin. It also acts as a natural detox and helps to get rid of toxins and clean the skin cells.
While drinking lemon water is healthy and beneficial, there are a few side effects you should be aware of. The citric acid present in lemon can erode tooth enamel. So it is best that you use a straw while drinking lemon water.
Can I take vitamin C at night?
While it is okay to take vitamin C at night, it is more beneficial to eat vitamin C on an empty stomach. So, morning time is the best time to take vitamin C.
11. Can I Drink Green Tea at Night?
If you are wondering whether drinking green tea at night is a good idea or not then rest easy. Drinking green tea at night one of the healthy habits you should be proud of.
Green tea is considered one of the healthiest beverages available. It is native to China but is consumed all over the world today for its numerous health benefits. Drinking green tea is linked with living a long and healthy life.
Talking about its health benefits, there are more health benefits of drinking green tea at night than I could count on my fingers. Below I have listed some of the health benefits of drinking green tea at night.
- It helps to enhance sleep: The L-theanine chemical found in green tea helps you to relax and reduce your stress and anxiety. Thus improving your quality of sleep without having to depend upon sleeping pills.
- Improved Immune System: The antioxidant polyphenols found in green tea helps to boost anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help fight with autoimmune diseases like psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It helps to lower your risk of suffering from cancer: Many study suggests that drinking green tea can lower your risk of suffering from different types of cancers. These include pancreas, prostate, bladder, colon, stomach, breast, and liver cancer.
- Good for heart health: Harvard University studies claim that drinking green tea can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It may also reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
- Improves your mood: The caffeine found in green tea helps to boost your mood. The L-theanine chemical found in green tea also helps fight depressive symptoms.
- Helps in losing weight: Consuming green tea at night time helps to increase your metabolism rate. The increased metabolism rate helps in fat burn thus aids in weight loss.
- Shiny hair and glowing skin: Drinking green tea boosts collagen production in your skin making it appear wrinkle-free. It also makes your hair look shiny. It is one reason why green tea is used in cosmetic products.
- Promotes oral hygiene: Drinking green tea at night helps to promote healthy gum and teeth.
Drinking green tea at night can provide you with an array of health benefits. But it comes with a drawback.
Green tea contains caffeine it is. Caffeine is known to promote a state of arousal, alertness, and focus. All of which can make it difficult for you to sleep.
Thus, it is best that you drink green tea during the day and in the evening for better results.
12. Can I Eat Eggs with Gastritis?
It is okay to eat eggs with gastritis unless you have some kinds of egg allergy. If eating eggs causes your gastritis to worsen along with other symptoms then you may have an egg allergy.
Studies suggest that eggs are one of the most common foods to trigger an allergic reaction. So it is only natural if you too have an egg allergy and it is best that you avoid eating eggs.
Apart from that, feel free to add eggs to your balanced diet. That way, you’ll not miss out on any essential nutrients that are needed by your body to function properly.
13. Can I Eat Eggs in Jaundice?
Eggs have its fair share of a bad reputation due to a lack of proper knowledge in the mass. There are many myths surrounding the eggs and their effects on health. Most of which are false and thus should be avoided.
Eggs are rich in amino acids, proteins of high biological value because our bodies cannot produce it on its own. Still, our body needs it for the formation of proteins. They also contain other essential vitamins and minerals with a good amount of healthy fats i.e. mono and polyunsaturated fats.
It is thus recommended to include eggs as a part of your balanced diet. Try cooking them in a healthy way without going overboard though.
If you are still confused about whether to eat eggs in jaundice then it is a big yes.
14. Can I Eat Mango in an Empty Stomach?
It is not recommended to eat mangoes only first thing in the morning in an empty stomach. Mangoes are high in natural sugar and can cause a drastic spike and drop in blood sugar levels if eaten alone in the morning.
You can however include mangoes as a part of your breakfast menu in the form of juice and smoothie.
Can I eat mango and milk together?
If you are considering mixing mangoes with mink then that’s not a bad idea actually. Sweet and buttery fruits go well with milk and mango being no exception, eating mango and milk together is just fine. But do keep in mind that you only use ripe mangoes while mixing with milk.
15. What to Not Eat in Piles?
Hemorrhoids commonly known as piles are swollen veins in your anus and lower rectum, similar to varicose veins. It is mainly of two types. They are internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids.
Internal hemorrhoids develop inside the rectum while external hemorrhoids develop under the skin around the anus. It is a common disease affecting nearly three out of four adults.
So, if you are suffering from piles then it is best that you stick with fibrous foods and lots of fluids.
List of foods to not eat during piles are:
Foods with little fiber can cause or make constipation worse, so it’s best to limit foods that are poor in fiber.
- White bread and bagels
- Milk, cheese, and other dairy products
- Processed foods such as frozen meals and fast food
Below are the list of foods to eat in piles:
- Whole grains, etc.
16. What to Not Eat in Uric Acid?
A high uric acid level is known as hyperuricemia which can lead to a disease called gout. It causes painful joints that accumulate urate crystals. It can also make your blood and urine too acidic.
List of foods to avoid while suffering from uric acid include:
- Red meat
- Organ and glandular meats
- High-purine vegetables
- Sugary foods and beverages
- Vitamin C
- Alcohol, etc.
List of foods to eat in uric acid:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Low-fat dairy products
- Olive oil
- French bean juice
- Fresh vegetable juices, etc.
17. What to Not Eat in Thyroid?
Thyroid disease is a medical condition that keeps your thyroid gland from making the right amount of hormones needed by your body. If it fails to produce enough hormones or produces more hormones than required then it may hamper your bodily operations.
List of foods to avoid during thyroid:
- Gluten, found in bread, rice, and pasta.
- Excess fiber from legumes, beans, and vegetables.
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- Foods with soy such as tofu, and miso.
- Fatty foods like butter, meat, and deep-fried foods.
- Processed foods.
- Sugary foods and beverages.
List of foods to eat during thyroid:
- All kinds of meats, including lamb, beef, chicken, etc.
- All kinds of seafood, including salmon, tuna, halibut, shrimp, etc.
- All vegetables except cruciferous vegetables.
- All kinds of fruits, including berries, bananas, oranges, tomatoes, etc.
- Rice, buckwheat, quinoa, chia seeds, and flax seeds
- All dairy products, including milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Water, etc.
18. What to Not Eat During Pregnancy?
It is very crucial that you do not miss out on any essential vitamins and minerals during the time of pregnancy. Thus, eating a balanced diet is strongly advised. Your pregnancy diet should contain more of these vitamins and minerals. They are:
- Healthy fats
- Fibers and fluids
- Complex carbohydrates
- Other vitamins and minerals
List of foods to avoid during pregnancy:
- Raw or undercooked meat,
- Unpasteurized milk and dairy products,
- Foods containing vitamin A such as the liver.
- Certain cheeses,
- Undercooked ready meals,
- Raw eggs or undercooked eggs, etc.
- Fruits such as pineapple, peaches, grapes, watermelon, etc.
List of healthy foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Dairy products
- Lean meat and proteins,
- Whole grains,
- Legumes and lentils,
- Sweet potatoes,
- Dried fruits,
- Broccoli and dark, leafy greens,
- Berries, etc.
I hope you find this article helpful. Kindly drop down your queries in the comment section below and I’ll get back to you shortly. Thank you. 🙂